2008/03/31

Smiles

One smile triggers another,
Which makes the one triggered seem so mechanical,
And so much like fireworks,
Ostensibly beautiful and pleasant,
But so short-lived that it leaves an impression
That it is just superficial and relentless.

Shall I call it fake, or
Shall I reckon it to be social?

Shall I take it to be true, or
Shall I suppose it is in my dream?

To be honest, I stumble over its realness.
Maybe what I presume real is, in fact, unreal.
What am I supposed to do to distinguish the unreal from the real?
Perhaps it does not matter at all,
For the unreal is always more real than the real.


2 comments:

Athena Hu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul's Blog said...

我其實是個很懶散的人,寫部落格不但寫的不怎麼勤,每次寫到一半就想趕快草草結束,所以也稱不上什麼作品。有時候連到自己的部落格其實是要透過我放在上面的連結,去逛逛朋友的部落格(因為我都沒放在我的最愛)。

看了你的部落格,加上你說你對我部落格印象最深刻的是這三篇,我發現你對"childhood"有一種深沉的迷戀喔!